1. Purchase of Property
One of the major investments you will make in your lifetime is the purchase of residential/commercial property. C&M Lawyers are committed to assisting you in making your purchase as informative, stress-free and cost effective as possible.
Your first consultation with us is FREE of charge during which we will review the draft contract for sale of land, advise you of potential areas of concern and give you a detailed outline of the process involved in the purchase and our role in assisting you.
We are dedicated to providing you with a cost-effective service without compromising the level of professionalism, integrity, and detail offered by our experienced solicitors.
Many of our valued clients tell us that they do not know the first thing about the process involved in purchasing residential/commercial property in New South Wales or of their previous experiences which have been neither informative or personal.
We are here to carefully advise and provide you with a personal service in relation to:
- Explaining the content of the contract for sale of land, including the special conditions and any attachments to the contract;
- Explaining the conveyancing process from start to end;
- Disclosing to you our legal costs in acting on your purchase as required by the Legal Profession Act, 2004;
- Negotiating amendments to the contract to avoid any pitfalls;
- Arranging pre-purchase pest, building and/or strata reports;
- Explaining the content and results of the pre-purchase reports;
- Advising you of the pitfalls involved in properties with alterations and/or additions to the property without Local Council approval;
- Liaising with your mortgage broker in relation to finance;
- If you are a first home owners, ensuring that applications for First Home Owners Grant and First Home Plus Stamp Duty exemption forms are accurately completed;
- Attending to exchange of contracts;
- Explaining the contract and the procedure towards settlement;
- Undertaking the recommended searches to ensure that your property is not adversely affected by an interest;
- Liaising with your mortgagee to ensure that their requirements have been met and in a position to settle on time;
- Attending to settlement of your purchase; and
- Confirming settlement and concluding the matter.
Our solicitors have full carriage of your matter and are personally responsible to you. It is our intention to keep you informed in relation to your purchase. No question is too small to ask of us and our full attention will be given to ease any concern or query you may have.
We will take the necessary steps required to help ensure that your purchase is as stress-free as possible.
If you have a general or specific query in relation to your current or future purchase of residential/commercial property in New South Wales please do not hesitate to contact Richard Chidiac of this office who will assist you in meeting your needs.